Thursday, November 4, 2010

faith

Hebrews 11:1
Romans 5:3-5

Hope is expectation based on experience

I taught this last week about faith and I was so grateful to have learned so much. This idea that our faith in Jesus Christ moves us to action to obey or follow Christ. We act on this faith by obeying the Word of Wisdom by doing this we hope or expect to have health because we know through our experiences that we remain healthy by following. It is a big circle. I love it!!

And this can be applied to anything we follow or anything we have hope in.....salvation, a happy family, marriage, prosperity. it is so simple and i love that about the gospel.

We cannot base our faith in a request (like health or a family) we have faith in Jesus Christ alone, the only sure foundation. When we knock he will open that door every time.

again i struggle to walk by faith in a world governed by sight but recognize now how I have done this in the past and how I can do this better in the future.

I am grateful for opportunities to grow.

IMG_3504

and a picture.......to make you laugh because it brightens my day!!!

No comments: