Sunday, January 23, 2011

word for 2011

“The real life we’re preparing for is eternal life. Secular knowledge has for us eternal significance. Our conviction is that God, our Heavenly Father, wants us to live the life that He does.”

I am grateful for the experiences of this last year for so many reasons. We have gained eternal knowledge and experience. It has been a roller coaster ride of emotions as well as extremes with joy and heartache. We would not change anything that happened this year or regret making the decisions we did, even though it has been difficult. We have renewed faith that Heavenly Father is aware of us and has a plan for us and for our future. Looking back over 2010 and my word focus for the year I think it was helpful to give me direction.

After going to the temple one night, Chris and I started talking more about consecration. Then this talk by Elder Christofferson "Reflections on a consecrated life" happened to be taught on Sunday. I decided this would be my word for the year.....

Consecrated.

Something sacred, set apart from the world. In 5 ways; purity, hard work, respect for physical body, service and integrity. These are areas that Chris and I have been discussing and the word really encompasses them all really well with a consecrated life. I think this word theme describes in one word what I want to learn more about and learn how to live better.

No comments: