Thursday, May 1, 2008

YW Leadership Training Meeting


For trainings in the past we have done different things like ask speakers to come or unit leaders to share ideas. They have worked out well. This year I really felt like it just snuck up on us and all of a sudden it was here. We were really dependant on the Lord's guidance for this one. We really wanted to address concerns that had come up through out the stake and be able to get to know each other and share ideas. So we decided to focus our remarks on the counsel from the General YW Presidency and then worked in the concerns that we were aware of. I was so impressed with the ideas and the spirit that these unit leaders have. I am always learning so much from them; their ideas and solutions. I am so grateful to know them as friends and be working with them. I hope everyone else got just as much out of it as I did.

Sunday at Stake Conference we had a combined YSA & youth choir. The music was an arrangement done by a member of our stake with three Primary hymns about love; Love one another, Love is spoken here and As I have loved you. It was beautiful. Our Branch President conducted it and I was so please to see so many of our youth participate. It turned out really powerful and was a good learning experience for me since I am not a singer.

No comments: