Thursday, July 30, 2009

summer time

I cannot believe how quickly this summer has gone~it will be August soon. Life is just busy filled with lots of random things right now so to catch up here is what we have been up to; my parenting group that i am teaching started last night so every Wednesday for the next 14 weeks that is where I will be! It is fun and we have a large and diverse class so it will be a new and interesting challenge.

Our Thursday evening class which runs 7 more weeks has been really good for Chris and I to talk about difficult topics and prepare for the things that are coming. We have met some really great people and enjoy the evening together. With these two nights a week now gone we feel a little overwhelmed since Tuesdays are usually church meetings and YW activities are getting busy again in August! But it is worth it and we are learning a lot about each other.

We have enjoyed BBQ's at the house this week with our home teachers, visiting teachers and friends from the branch. We could not love them more and appreciate their friendships and examples. What amazing people! Family Home Evening this week we talked about budgets and living debt free. Which is something we are still working on but great ideas and suggestions were shared.

IMG_7008

The ravioli shop just down the street has the most amazing homemade Italian bread, pasta and sauce in town. We are LOVING it!!! You can buy the pasta in sheets in this little paper box and then you pick your favorite sauce to compliment. yummy!

IMG_7010

Our lilies in the front have exploded! they are chris' favorite flower, star gazers; right now they are 3 feet tall. my mom bought them for us at the farmers market last year..LOVE them!
thanks mom!!!

IMG_7012

IMG_7017
I am in love with the colors and vintage style of pottery barn right now and we have updated the pillows that i bought (not that long ago) but the colors are perfect for the living room. As well as the matching roman shades. It makes me really happy! Thanks honey!!

Lastly, Friday we enjoyed a youth dance out at Seneca Lake with the Ohio youth conference. There were over 200 youth from surrounding stakes. It was a beautiful night and such a pretty spot for the girls camp over looking the lake! chris even danced with me for a few songs. It was fun to chat with the youth there and back.
IMG_6997


Chris and I stayed up way too late last night remembering our missions; Italy and Brazil. We laughed so hard and so many things came back as clear as yesterday even though I am coming up on my 6 year return mark and Chris just passed his 11th!!! Crazy old....
But hands down I have the most hilarious mission stories and this one might be my favorite besides Lisa and on the bus with wet pants!
I had not thought about this little boy in awhile but in Maua there was a 2 maybe 3 year old named Christian. He was very large~obese really, probably 60 lbs no joke! He was the counselor in the bishopric's son so we would eat with their family sometimes. Side note he would not sit at the table but circle it eating off of ALL of our plates with his FINGERS!!! and the parents said nothing.
He was so big that he could not wear anything but sweat pants even in the summer time and T-shirts or sweat shirts with really dark features but lighter skin. And on Sundays he would just make thundering circles around the chapel and up onto the stand because his dad was there. We tried to stop him a few times without any success; it was distracting to say the least and really embarrassing when bringing people to church with us.
Which is so funny but the best part was one day we went to eat lunch with them and they lived above his parent's house so we were waiting for them downstairs in the living room. There was a long hallway leading into it and I was standing by the couch! I remembering looking up and seeing Christian come thundering down that hallway toward me with a grin on his face. I looked back to the group since I figured he was just joining the grandparents. The next thing I know he had tackled me and I was flipping over the arm of the couch and onto the floor....he had totally taken me out! Flat...a 3 year old! AWESOME...I wish I had a video of that because it replays in my mind in slow motion and it makes me laugh!
~Brazil; i love you!

No comments: