Thursday, September 18, 2008

the scarlet thread


When we were rented our apartment in Webster last year I found this little quilt store that is so cute and small. It looks a lot like the quilting bee in Lander. I have made several things over the years and have always just figured the patterns out or followed the tips in the book but after finding this fabulous store I wanted to take a quilting class. So I started it last night. It has been great! I have already learned some great things that are so simple but I never knew before. I was feeling guilty not being at home or doing something more productive since I am gone a lot with work and YW already. But I had such a great time last night that I think I can sacrifice 4 hours a month and not feel too bad! I am making a baby quilt from Amy Butler fabric that I love!!! And no that is not an announcement. I just loved the colors and baby quilts are much smaller=cheaper. Anyway, I love the class.

2 comments:

melissa said...

If you love fabric and quilting and crafty stuff, then you MUST check out Heather Bailey if you haven't already. Her blog is at http://www.heatherbailey.typepad.com/ and go to her Fabric Design link in her blog Archives. She's full of lovely happy inspiration. Another fabric designer I've come to really like is Sandi Henderson (http://portabellopixie.typepad.com/). Both her Farmer's Market and Ginger Blossom fabric lines are gorgeous. Incidentally, I think both women are LDS - kind of interesting. Anyways, since coming across these 2 designers I've wanted to make something pretty so badly!! Maybe for the baby... Maybe if I find time... But I think a quilting class is genius. I'm going to look for one in my area immediately! Lisa, I miss you!! Someday we'll find a way to get out there...

Amy Bartlett said...

That sounds so fun Lis! Good for you- you need something fun and just for you. Love ya!