Monday, December 22, 2008

a little snow storm..

Chris and I had a 1/2 snow day on Friday! Work sent us both home because the weather was too crazy. We are still trying to recover. Today the wind is blowing everything around and Chris has shoveled the drive way over and over again.







Today I played Santa and took all the donations to my families at work. It was so fun and now it really feels like Christmas. The kids and parents get so excited, and are so grateful for the toys and the few gift cards that we get. With all this driving and the weather being bad I had some trouble. First the little side streets have not been plowed so my little Saturn was slipping and sliding all over. On one street in particular though I got stuck twice and had to rock back and forth by myself because no one was out in that weather. And then when I got out of the car my hands full of toys and gifts I did the ice skating thing and my feet started running on the ice under the layer of slush! I thought I was OK until the next thing I knew I was looking up at the blue sky with my toys and keys and phone strewn across the street! It hurt so bad! I dropped off the gifts and on my way to the car, I again began to slip and slide but managed this time to catch myself on the mirror of the car. The snow plow then showed up and passed me, laughing and finally cleaning the street. So nice...
I called Chris to tell him my sad story and he could not stop laughing.

1 comment:

Jared-n-Krystal said...

A white Christmas! We are in Mississippi for Christmas. When we arrived it was 70 degrees...2 days later it was 18 degrees...2 days later 75 degrees. We have gone through all types of weather just this week...rain, ice, thunder/lightening, and sunny days. CRAZY!

Merry Christmas!
-Jared & Krystal