Sunday, November 15, 2009

a few little things

IMG_7763
Autumn Fest in Geneseo
IMG_7759
We had our super saturday down in geneseo this month. they have a brand new building (which is now not so clean) and they were gracious enough to allow Palmyra to join us as well so it turned out we had a huge crowd.

It was a great activity but man I am still trying to recover. Plus Chris had the Service Auction at the Branch so we had to divide and conquer. So much work in one little day and week. I think it also has something to do with all the travel and prep for YW in Excellence. I am surrounded by gold everything (virtue), seriously paper, cupcake foils, decor, banners, etc. It is almost to the point of tacky. And I am looking forward to when this week is over! So many little details to work out. It will be a great program and the YW are excited to be involved.
IMG_7762
That is Sam on the drums!! She is amazing and so talented....They have written a few of their own songs and Sam sang a few as well. It was the best to have her band play.

IMG_7758

On the home front!!!
How do people stand these little toddler beds~they are just too adorable. We finally have the beds up, rearranged the guest room and the office, hung a few pictures on the wall (our vintage bessie pease gutmann) and stuffed the books on a random bookshelf. But that is about it. AH! We are getting there.
IMG_7749
The crib is also set up and now we just WAIT. I am feeling a little more prepared with those few things organized but there is still so much to do and get ready. I think that is the point. I have to learn to let go of a few things and trust. That is a hard lesson for me to learn since I am ubber organized and definitely a control freak. In a situation like this I have no control and will have to rely on the spirit to direct what the best thing will be for our family. Once again I wish I could just see a glimpse of what is ahead. It is faith promoting and we have to trust in the Lord because we know we have been led to this for a reason. What a crazy ride this has all been so far and I am sure it will just continue. yee hah!

4 comments:

Gabriella said...

I love the cute bed. Do you know when your getting kids? I'm so excited for you guys, keep me posted on the details.

melissa said...

Your nursery is adorable! I need to have you come decorate ours - we don't have anything on the walls, no bookshelf, NADA. I love the toddler bed AND bedding! I'm so excited for you guys to be parents - you will be wonderful and that child/children will be so lucky to have you. xoxo

Daisy said...

Lisa, I think I missed something. Are you adopting? Foster Kids? Do tell. What an exciting time. You will be an amazing mother!

The South Family said...

Yes, please fill us in. I want to hear all about this exciting time!