Saturday, March 14, 2009

living....


we love our colorful living room.

after much debate...we decided on these pillows. here are a few pictures of the living room. chris really likes green.

the fireplace has been really fun this winter and reading books on the couch is the best! we are finally after 8 months settling into our house.

the red quilt hanging on the ladder was made by my grandma durrant for our wedding, our piano was given to us by the packer grandparents in logan, utah and we have several favorite pictures on the mantel and wall from Italy, Africa, Brazil, our early married years and favorite spots in NY-the city, Palmyra, Niagara on the lake and others.

Surprisingly, chris is very particular about the house, colors and decor. it is cute! I wanted to put up wallpaper but i have not won that discussion.......yet!

3 comments:

melissa said...

What a beautiful home!! I need you to come decorate my house - it needs some serious help. After 2 1/2 years we still have a few pictures lining the baseboards, waiting to be hung. And all the walls are white since I'm not brave enough to take on painting myself (and Jake's not to interested now that he painted the basement). Anyways, I love reading your and Chris's blogs! I know I seldom comment, but do know that I read every post. Maybe we'll get together again someday! Until then, keep blogging! xoxo

Heather Gibb said...

I saw your blog in my stats and clicked through! I love your style! Both the bedroom and this room are darling! Where did you find the green/gray pillows and lamp shade? Darling! Love the bedding in your room to!!
Thanks for linking me here to, your site was a fun find!

Eric and Jessi said...

Your house is so awesome!!