Thursday, August 28, 2008

What have you done with my name?

Youth Conference at Zion's Camp




We camped at the hill cumorah-those poor temple missionaries had to listen to us up late into the night.

Friday we decorate t-shirts, enjoyed a bonfire with a message and of course smores. As well as a fun folk dance lesson from the Porters. Late Friday night a small group from Canada arrived around midnight to set up camp. They were very excited to be there and our youth were very excited to meet them!



Saturday was a long day! We started out early with a sunrise study in the sacred grove, breakfast and then a service project. The kids had free time to watch the Joseph Smith movie, play sports or finish their T-shirts. We then cleaned up, packed up and headed to the stake center for a keynote speaker; Elder and Sister Pinegar. They were great speakers! Then workshops, a temple walk and back for a testimony meeting. Then finished with dinner and a dance.

I learned a lot this weekend about "names" and taking upon us the name of Christ. I am grateful for the youth and their testimonies. I am grateful for the knowledge of the gospel and the comfort that it brings. And most of all grateful for a loving Heavenly Father who strengthens me when I feel like I can do no more! This gospel is true. Matt 11:28-30.

No comments: