Friday, October 8, 2010

travels

We had our stake conference this weekend with a visiting general authority. I was so grateful for the talks and the spirit and grateful that my talk was finally over with. I had been worrying about it for weeks. It also marked the end of an almost 4 year calling in the stake. I am a person who likes and enjoys change and new challenges but this almost feels like I lost a PT job. It was more than half our married life spent planning around and living around these activities. Overall, I am not sure yet how I feel about it being over, even though I have known for months that it was coming. It has been my life everyday I spent doing something for it and thinking about it. The reality of the change has not set in yet. I am excited to have my own time again but also so sad not to be a part of it any more. I was far from perfect or even good but I put everything I had into it. I think both Chris and I are both not sure what to do with ourselves now. I am a little bored! I might have to add hours at work or something. Or maybe we can get this bathroom remodel done.

Looking back I am not even sure how to sum up all of what I have learned or to even see how much I have grown. But I am so grateful for the opportunities, the lessons learned and the stretching that happened as well as the friends throughout the stake that I have gained. What an experience it has been.

IMG_0121
one of the things i will miss the most about YW is traveling to visit other units in our stake. i will miss them them and their association so much!
IMG_0122

warsaw is about an hour and fifteen minutes away but such a beautiful drive!


IMG_0120


the drive to Geneseo
My HipstaPrint 0

Girls camps, youth conferences, high adventures, monthly super saturdays, unit conferences, beehive activities, General broadcasts, YW in Excellence, countless lessons taught and visits made to units, and new presidency trainings and talks given. budgets and stake histories and closet cleanings and RS service days.....all of these have literally taken up time, sweat and many, many tears as well as vacations sacrificed and countless hours of late night pillow talk with Chris. I will miss so many things about it. And am so grateful for the women that have done the same serving with me! But now it is over and we will be on to new things.

No comments: