Sunday, May 10, 2009

a little sewing


I had fun making a seat cushion for my sewing chair this friday. i love this fabric and it goes really well in our blue craft room! (this is our green living room and my kitchen chair so it does not fit perfectly)

I did not have a pattern but it was really easy to measure the seat and then just added the ties on the back. i am still painting the sewing chair i just wanted to see how it looked.
I am so excited that it turned out well....
I added some antique buttons from my grandma's sewing kit and love how it turned out. now to finish painting....
This is our rocker on the back patio. it needed a seat cushion as well. i like the first one better but it will work.

Again another vintage button in the middle

and just one tie in the back


i think i can move on to seat cushions for the kitchen chairs. we picked some fabric and i think chris is even ok with the wallpaper that i like for ONE wall in the kitchen! it really needs to be refinished-the flowery stencil is still on the wall from the previous owners-not really our style! one room at a time.

1 comment:

Becky said...

Love the fabric and the buttons make all the difference! When do you find time! Becky